国际商务英语会话之创立公司

来源:来源于网络发布时间:2009-08-17

  Wendy:Let's review our start-up plans. When do you think we will be able to move into our new office?
  温蒂:我们再看一遍我们的初步计划。你想什么时候我们可以搬进新的办公室?
  Lester:Well, we can move in any time after July first, but moving in and actually getting started are two differentthings.
  莱司特:七月一号之后我们随时可以搬进去,不过搬进去和实际开始工作是两回事。
  Wendy:Good point. Anyway, I have our new marketing manager, Helen Parker, helping us get set up.
  温蒂:说得好。无论如何,我会要我们新任的市场经理,海伦_派克帮忙我们打点一切。
  Lester:What is she doing?
  莱司特:她是做什么的?
  Wendy:She's overseeing the purchase of equipment and so forth.
  温蒂:她监督机器设备的采购等等。
  Lester:Does she have a background in that sort of thing?
  莱司特:她有那方面的背景吗?
  Wendy:As a matter of fact, it turns out she practically ran her last company, from marketing to finance.
  温蒂:事实上,她上一个公司从行销到财务,实际上都是她在运作的。
  Lester:I'm looking forward to meeting her.
  莱司特:我期待认识她。
  Wendy:Have you begun to investigate factories? I'm so glad we aren't going to try to run our own factory at first.
  温蒂:你开始调查工厂了吗?我很高兴我们没有先试图设立自己的工厂。
  Lester:Yes, I've started. And I've found some good people for R and D, too. Then there are the art peopledesigning our logos-
  莱司特:是的,开始了。我也替研发部门找了些好人才。然后有一些美术人员设计我们的商标—
  Wendy:Oh, no! Millions of details: logos, slogans, letterhead, name cards . . .
  温蒂:噢,天哪!有好多的细节:商标,标语,信头,名片……
  Lester:You thought setting up a company was going to be easy?
  莱司特:你觉得创立一间公司会容易吗?