It is of the utmost importance to answer the phone in a professional manner. Every time you answer the phone at work, you are representing the entire company. So make a good impression. Below are some tips on telephone English.
以一种职业化的态度和方式接听商务电话在职场上是非常重要的。每次你在工作时间接听电话时,你的言行都代表你所在的整个公司。因此要切记给客户留下好的印象。以下是一些有关接听英语商务电话的建议。
If you have to ask someone his or her name, you MUST do it in a polite way. 如果你需要知道某人的姓名,你可以用一种礼貌的方式来询问对方。
Example:
a) May I ask who is calling? (The most polite way)
我能知道是谁打来电话吗?(最礼貌的询问打进电话的人的姓名)
b) May I have your name, sir? (Also good)
先生,我可以知道你的名字吗?(也不错的询问方式)
c) Excuse me, Mam, can you tell me your name please?
对不起,夫人,你能告诉我你的姓名吗?
The complete business call(完整的商务电话):
a) IBM, Martha speaking, how can I help you?
这里是IBM公司,我是玛莎,我能为你做什么吗?
b) Maybe, I am looking to buy a new computer.
也许,我想买一台新电脑。
a) You will need to talk with the salesman, but he is out right now.
你得跟销售人员谈,但是他现在不在办公室。
b) Please have him get back to me ASAP.
请他一回来就给我回电话。
a) May I ask who is calling?
请问能知道你的姓名吗?
b) My name is Dan Blurns.
我的名字是丹•布勒斯。
a) Anything else, Mr. Blurns?
还有什么别的事吗,布勒斯先生?
b) Why yes. Where is your office located?
当然,我能知道你的公司的地点吗?
a) We are on the corner of Slade Rd. and Smith Ave. Our office hours are 9-5 Monday through Friday. Visit any time.
我们公司位于刀刃街和史密斯大道的交接处。公司办公时间是每周星期一到星期五之间的早9点到下午5点。你可以在这期间的任何时候访问公司。
b) I'll do that, thanks a bunch.
好的,我会的,多谢你。
a) Bye, bye.
再见。