商务口语学习 在办公室会话如何表达工作

来源:网络发布时间:2010-02-04

    (1)

    Cathy: Did you see May today?

    凯西:你今天看到梅了吗?

    Jack: Yes. But why does she have such a long face?

    杰克:看到了,她为什么拉长着脸啊?

    Cathy: I don't have the foggiest idea.

    凯西:不知道。

    Jack: I thought she'd be happy.

    杰克:我还以为她会很高兴呢。

    Cathy: Yeah, especially since she got a promotion recently.

    凯西:是啊,她最近还升职了呢。

    Jack: Maybe it's some kind of personal problem.

    杰克:也许有什么私人问题吧。

    (2)

    Eddie: What are the chances of getting a raise this year?

    埃迪:今年有可能长工资吗?

    Janice: Chances are slim!

    贾尼斯:不太可能。

    Eddie: Wow! You haven't gotten a raise for how many years now?

    埃迪:哇!你多少年没长过工资了?

    Janice: It's been three years! The company keeps losing money and they can't afford to give anyone a raise.

    贾尼斯:三年了!公司总是亏损,没法给我们长工资啊。

    Eddie: That's too bad. Did you ever think of working somewhere else?

    埃迪:太糟了。你有想过去其他地方工作吗?

    Janice: Yeah. In fact, I have an interview next Monday.

    贾尼斯:有啊,我下周一就有个面试。

    Eddie: Good luck!

    埃迪:祝你好运啊!

    (3)

    Terri: Derrick, don't you think you should take a vacation? Even one or two days would be fine.

    特里:戴里克,你不觉得应该去休个假吗?一两天也行啊。

    Derrick: There's no way. There's too much work.

    戴里克:不行啊,工作太多了。

    Terri: But you look so exhausted. You need a break!

    特里:但是你看起来筋疲力尽的。你需要休息!

    Derrick: I know. My chances would be better if they would hire more people.

    戴里克:我知道。如果公司多雇点人我就会好过多了。

    Terri: They won't hire more people?

    特里:他们不雇人吗?

    Derrick: No. They always want to keep the cost down. I am really overwhelmed with a heavy workload.

    戴里克:不雇,他们总想着降低成本。我快被繁重的工作压垮了。

    Terri: Maybe you should talk to the manager.

    特里:也许你应该和经理谈谈。

    Derrick: Yes. I'm going to bring this up in tomorrow's meeting.

    戴里克:恩,明天开会的时候我就说。