6.得罪某人get in Dutch with someone
张名得罪了他的上司,几个月后就被开除了。
Zhang Ming got in Dutch with his boss and in a few months he was sacked.
7.说别人的闲话dish the dirt about…
她特别喜欢说别人的闲话,是我们这出了名的长舌妇。
She is a notorious gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.
8.挂个电话 give a buzz
在来之前请先给我挂个电话,以免让你扑空。
Give me a buzz before coming so that you won’t come to a locked door.
9.写封信 drop me a line
有空了给我写封信
Drop me a line when you have time.
10. 榨干血汗 bleed one white
他们是在设法榨干你身上所有的钱。
They are trying to bleed you white.